Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's just my imagination... running away with me.

More musings from Team Terra Trail,  featuring the 'Shy Bear Shufflers'!

Misty minded and ready to get messy in the mud, I managed to get out the do' fo' mo'.   Same run as last time.  All the same shit happened.  Oh yeah, and a Sasquatch thru' a rock at me.

I hit the summit 45 secs past my 'cut off', 4 minutes faster than before.  I had totally taken ten minutes off my total time when I finally sauntered in to Poco Numbe's Aid Station down far below.  That's right, I make up like I'm in some huge Colorado 100 miler and everything's a big deal.  There's some elite superstar behind me that can't quite keep up but he's keeping me in site... pushing me.  In my dream I don't get chicked.  I don't wheeze, whinny or moan.  I'm first in and first out at the imaginary aid stations. I joke and croak at the volunteers... stoked to stampede out into the steepness beyond.  Oh yeah, I'm funnier than Jim-fricking-Carey, they love me at the aid station (I'll be here all week!).

It's just my imagination... running away with me.  In reality...I'm like left over chinese food...  gotta heat my ass up.  I'm a cup of hot and sour soup going up... I'm a fried Won Ton coming down.

All these rambles' make me miss my brambles.  I think I'll close for the morning and go kick Cougar mountain's ass.  See ya in a little while... I got a imaginary race to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment